When you’ve experienced water damage, time is critical! The longer water sets, the more damage it does. Absolute Restoration has the state-of-the-art equipment, procedures and know-how to remove water quickly from even the those hard-to-reach places, resulting in less property damage and lower repair costs.
The technicians of Absolute Restoration will arrive quickly. In the meantime, follow these do’s and don’ts:
- Mop and sponge up excess water
- Wipe any water off wood furniture
- Prop up furniture legs on wood blocks or aluminum foil to separate them from wet carpeting
- Turn on the air conditioning in the summer to kick-start the drying process
- Pick up any colored items (rugs, books, toys, etc.) that may be on wet carpeting
Call Now! (724) 420-5381
- Use any electrical appliances or tools
- Go in any rooms with a sagging ceiling
- Wade through flood waters
Calling the professionals at Absolute Restoration when you experience a water damage is vital. Attempting to do the work yourself can wind up being very expensive for the following reasons:
- Mistakes are Costly: Many insurance policies won’t cover accidental damages to any property caused by amateur DIY restoration efforts. As a general rule of thumb, if the damage caused by moisture is extreme enough to necessitate an insurance claim, then a professional service needs to be contracted to handle the dry out and repair processes.
- Hidden Damage is Costly: Water has the ability to seep into places you’d never suspect, such as under floors and inside of walls. It can also soak into hard surfaces such as wood. Without the proper tools and training to find where hidden damage may lurk, damages can become worse and result in possible out of pocket costs.
- Health Hazards are Costly: The longer water sets, the more contaminated it becomes. Even a fresh water damage starts to become polluted as soon as it becomes stagnant. And water from sewage and floods is severely unsanitary and can cause serious harm and, in some cases, illness if ingested and/or inhaled, resulting in steep doctor bills, pricey hospital stays, a loss of work, expensive medicine, or it may even cost you your life.
But peace of mind is priceless.
Happiness comes from knowing that you’ve done everything that’s within your power to remedy a serious situation once you’ve hired the professionals at Absolute!
Don’t Let Water Damage Happen to You!
Here are six easy tips to help you prevent water damage:
1. Clean gutters and downspouts
Clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid blockage and ice dams. A clogged gutter can send water spilling into your home’s foundation, through the roof, or down to your basement, causing serious water damage! Standing water can also damage your gutters and roof. Make sure water easily flows through your downspouts and point them away from the house.
2. Watch where you plant
Some plants and trees have invasive roots that can wrap around your pipes and break them. So, reduce landscaping near water lines and, if necessary, remove trees and bushes that have gotten too big.
3. Know your water main
Be aware of its location and know how to shut if off if a pipe bursts in your home or business.
4. Check for leaks
Do this regularly and fix any immediately. If you don’t, you may experience mold, mildew, dry rot, and even structural damage
5. Replace washing machine hoses
Old and stiff washing machine hoses that fail are one of the most frequent causes of water damage. Replace them with stainless steel hoses to decrease the risk of breaking
6. Keep an eye on your water bill
If your usage starts to creep up or suddenly jumps without explanation, it’s a pretty good sign that you’ve got a leak somewhere.
Call Now! (724) 420-5381